Business Development Manager
Expert Investor Brand:
Expert Investor is aimed at an exclusive group of high-end fund selectors, institutional investors and high-net worth advisers from across continental Europe.
The EI brand comprises a magazine, digital platform, investment sentiment research and innovative events business aimed at the cream of the European fund selector community.
Reporting directly in to the Head of Europe, this role is a fantastic opportunity for an intelligent, motivated individual to develop their sales career and gain valuable experience within a unique sales role. You will be responsible for selling Expert Investor events and other media solutions to a group of asset managers based in London and across Europe. Travel is an essential part of the role for building relationships in individual markets on Continental Europe and attending our events.
This role offers a large amount of autonomy and opportunity for creativity for the right individual.
The business development manager’s core responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with key decision makers from Asset Management firms across Europe
- Consultatively selling Events and creative solutions from across the Expert Investor portfolio to a range of existing and new clients
- Proactively seeking out and building new business relationships
- Face to face, telephone and email communications are all key elements of the role, so you must be presentable, able to communicate and present to individuals across various levels of seniority within your client base articulately and with confidence
- Working collaboratively with other teams across Last Word such as marketing, sales, legal, events, research, amongst others.
- Contribute to new product development
- Minimum of 3 years sales experience
- A proven track record in driving sales, exceeding targets and building new business
- Demonstrate creative flair, initiative and the ability to go above and beyond
- An interest in investment and asset management is essential
- Strong communication skills and an ability to forge relationships quickly
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and follow your own initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience in an event sales environment is advantageous, but not essential
- English language skills (written and spoken). Other European languages an advantage, but not essential
- Available to travel regularly across Europe
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 20th Jan 2019