Last Word is looking for a motivated Conference Producer with the skills and vision to develop an outstanding series of events across the UK, Europe and the middle east. The successful candidate will be based in London and play a leading role in building the content for our events and will ensure clear and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conference production: Build agendas for LW events, working with Audience Development to understand delegates’ needs and with sales to ensure alignment between clients’ needs and the content at our events.
- Content: Work with our clients to ensure their topics accurately reflect what delegates can expect on the day. Ensure all client presentations are relevant and adhere to LW’s guidelines. Work with our clients to assist them in producing better quality presentations for our events. Collaboration with LW’s sales and content team to ensure relevant content from our events is used after the event.
- Speaker Research: Sourcing keynote and guest speakers for our events within budget and on brief.
- Briefing notes: Ensure chairpersons and speakers are briefed on each event, preparation of chairpersons’ notes & speaker briefing notes and arranging calls with speakers and chairpersons
- Preparing presentations: Work with LW’s research team to produce engaging slides for chairpersons to showcase our expertise at events.
- Internal Liaison: Work with all key stakeholders for an event, primarily Event Operations, Sales and Audience Development to ensure we deliver a high-quality event
- Where relevant, arrange and attend rehearsals
- Presentations: This role will also allow you to present key findings from our research at events as well as moderate panels. Appropriate training and development for this will be given when the opportunity for this arises.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual with:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience (ideally minimum 1 year in a similar role)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Native level English written and spoken, additional language skills an advantage.
- Ability to provide affective research
- A desire to deliver great content to investment decision makers in the markets we serve
- An understanding of financial markets and investment is a clear advantage but not necessary
- Proven ability of working under pressure, with great organisational and time management skills
- Flexibility to travel for our events
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary and commission scheme (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 3rd February 2019