TITLE: Web Developer
SALARY: Based on Experience
The Word Press Developer will play a key role in the design, code, build, testing and maintenance of Last Word Media’s bespoke online portals and websites built using the Word Press platform.
The role reports to the Head of Production, with a line into the Head Digital Designer.
They must be familiar with sprints, while being able to provide dedicated support and quick response times to the various stakeholders around the Last Word Media core business and it’s supporting brands.
- Understand client requirements and how they translate in application features
- Collaborate with a team compromising of a Lead Developer and System Administrator and Head of Digital to ensure delivery and maintenance of Last Word Media main and supporting websites
- Integrating Direct for Publishers from Google (DFP) into the Brand websites and supporting Microsites
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing
- Trouble Shooting and debugging on the Word Press platform
- Internal relationships – regularly provide updates to the Production & Digital team relating back to the execution of all online portals and deliverables.
- Supporting the Head of Digital with the optimising the performance of the brand websites.
- Support the Digital Team with optimisation of all of our supporting microsites.
- Providing website architecture analysis and support
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Backend – Word Press and Plugins
- Frontend – Bootstrap/CSS
- Content Management Systems - WordPress
- Website Architecture knowledge would be an advantage
- REACT (Email Builder)
- Rest API’s (Email builder/Adestra/CRM)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- JQUERY, SASS/LESS
- Positive, can do attitude – ability to problem solve and suggest solutions
- Confident and mature approach to communicating up and down the business and across departments
- Strong commitment to team working and collaboration
- Develop strong relationships and open communication channels with all team colleagues
- Resilience in handling objections and challenge
- Ability to prioritise workload around daily tasks as well as ad-hoc projects whilst meeting deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 7th April 2019