Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: Competitive + Commission
Last Word Media:
Last Word Media is an independent financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments.
It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. www.lastwordmedia.com
Expert Investor Brand:
Expert Investor is aimed at an exclusive group of high-end fund selectors, institutional investors and high-net worth advisers from across continental Europe.
The EI brand comprises a magazine, digital platform, investment sentiment research and innovative events business aimed at the cream of the European fund selector community.
Working alongside the Head of Europe, this role is a fantastic opportunity for an intelligent, motivated individual to develop their sales career and gain valuable experience within a unique and creative sales role. You will be responsible for selling Expert Investor events and other media solutions to a group of asset managers based in London and across Europe. Travel is an essential part of the role for building relationships in individual markets on Continental Europe and attending our events.
This role offers a large amount of autonomy and opportunity for entrepreneurialism for the right individual.
The business development manager’s core responsibilities include:
- Building relationships with key senior level decision makers from Asset Management firms across Europe
- Consultatively selling Events and creative solutions from across the Expert Investor portfolio to a range of existing and new clients
- Proactively seeking out and building new business relationships
- Face to face, telephone and email communications are all key elements of the role, so you must be presentable, able to communicate and present to individuals across various levels of seniority within your client base articulately and with confidence
- Working collaboratively with other teams across Last Word such as marketing, sales, legal, events, research, amongst others.
- Actively contribute to new product ideas that will help build Expert Investors brand and market share
- Support the Head of Europe and be seen as a natural go-to internally and externally for the team
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience
- A proven track record in driving sales, exceeding targets and building new business
- Demonstrate creative flair, initiative and the ability to go above and beyond
- Proven interest and understanding in investment and asset management is essential
- Strong communication skills and an ability to forge relationships quickly
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and follow your own initiative
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Previous experience in an event sales environment is advantageous, but not essential
- English language skills (written and spoken) to a good standard, other European languages a clear advantage.
- Available to travel regularly across Europe
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 11th August 2019