Title: Events Administrator
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Last Word Media:
Last Word Media is an independent financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments.
It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. www.lastwordmedia.com
The Events Administrator will be responsible for supporting the events team with their portfolio of events, which take place both in the UK and internationally.
This role requires the ability to work well and manage multiple tasks under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Confident communication and very good organisational skills are essential.
The Events Administrator’s core responsibilities include:
- Support the Event Co-ordinators/Event Managers with event administration tasks in the lead up to events.
- Assisting with delegate management pre-event (booking travel/accommodation).
- Preparing event documentation, both pre and post event, including feedback forms, event lists, CPD certificates, feedback reports, delegate lists, accommodation lists etc.
- Ensure the events website is kept up to date at all times.
- Booking travel and accommodation for the team.
- Co-ordinating pre-event preparation – ensuring all the necessary event equipment is organised, working, and packed in time for the event.
- Updating events laptops and iPads to make sure they are in working order at events.
- Attending events - acting as the professional face of the company, ensuring delegates have a positive experience.
- Proof reading event programmes, emails and other documentation.
- Collating event feedback data and producing an excel document of results for analysis.
- Research into suppliers and venues for the team when required.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Supporting the team and the business in busy periods (this includes office support, stationery and stock ordering, answering phones, etc.)
- Taking on office duties when Office Manager is out of office, i.e. post and answering calls from reception.
Act as a role model in the team – set a positive example to others in ways of working both with internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive, can do attitude – ability to problem solve and suggest solutions.
- Confident and mature approach to building relationships internally and externally.
- Strong commitment to team working and collaboration.
- Develop strong relationships and open communication channels with all colleagues across the company departments.
- Be accountable – take ownership of your deliverables/objectives and be responsible for situations you are involved in. Be willing to answer for outcomes resulting from choices/behaviours/actions and be proactive in finding solutions.
- Knowledge/credibility - be able to represent the team, what you do, and the company both internally and externally.
- Inclusive - be open to feedback and challenge on ways of working; be willing to support and drive change within your team.
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by 14th February 2020