TITLE: Delegate Relations Executive
LOCATION: Farringdon, LONDON
Background on Last Word Media
Last Word Media is a financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments. It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Portfolio Adviser is the leading brand for wealth managers, discretionary portfolio managers, private
bankers and advisers specialising in investments across the UK, Ireland, and Channel Islands. As well as its news analysis website, monthly magazine, and bespoke guides, Portfolio Adviser hosts around 25 investment seminars per year, aimed at the most senior decision makers, heads of fund selection and fund research. They offer our carefully selected delegates the perfect opportunity to debate and discuss issues with some of the world’s leading fund managers in an educational and interactive environment.
Last Word is looking for a Delegate Relationship Executive to assist its expanding Audience Development department. The successful candidate will build relationships and interact with senior fund buyers from our existing network as well as expanding our audience in the relevant markets.
- Sell to fund buyers to attend high end fund events in the designated region, and attend events, awards and conferences.
- Build relationships with senior key individuals from financial institutions via meetings, phone calls, emails and social events.
- Keep up to date with broad investment trends, as well as researching fund buyers. Work with research team to meet survey response number for ongoing research projects. Conduct research trips to assigned market.
- Understand, explain, and pitch to fund selectors the value Portfolio Adviser (and other LW brands) can add for them.
- Ensure in-house data is up-to-date and CRM system is maintained.
- Work closely with the relevant teams (sales, events, editorial, marketing) to ensure we deliver a great experience to fund selectors and commercially viable solutions to clients.
What you’ll need
We are looking for a dynamic, highly motivated individual with:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken English to a high level.
- The confidence to network and build lasting relationships with senior level decision makers.
- Proven ability of working under pressure, with great organisational and time management skills.
- UK travel is a necessary and attractive part of the role.
- Proven ability of working under pressure, with strong organisational and time management skills.
- An understanding of financial markets and investment is an advantage but not necessary.
- Sales background is preferential.
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company.
- Structured on and off the job training.
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience).
- Opportunities to travel on the job.
- Pension contribution up to 5%.
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.