The role will be responsible for a portfolio of events from conception to completion, planning and delivery which could take place both in the UK and internationally.
The successful candidate will play a key support role in the expansion of the events team. This role requires the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and being able to manage multiple tasks.
- Coordinate a portfolio of events from conception to completion
- Collate event documentation - speaker forms, biographies, presentations, checking & signing off venue contracts, proof reading documents, checking and creating various copy
- Act as a sponsor / speaker liaison pre-event and briefings onsite at the event
- Attend assigned events - acting as the professional face of Last Word Media, ensuring that sponsors and delegates have a positive experience and ensuring the event runs smoothly.
- Assist with post event evaluation - coordinating the feedback report, and internal debriefs.
- Attend and organising interdepartmental meetings with feedback on events.
- Support the marketing process, creating and implementing strategies with the relevant departments, building event schedules, organising departmental meetings to discuss your events and approving deadlines.
- Process and manage delegate registrations both online and manually.
- Update & maintain budget sheets for your events- find effective ways to reduce costs.
- Communicate clearly with your line manager and ensure that documentation is approved before being sent out.
- Assist on site checks – liaise with five-star venues, visiting and checking venues if necessary, venue selection, negotiating rates and producing reports.
- Assist with final decisions on venue logistics, including catering and AV requirements.
- Liaise with the production team on creative for programmes, invitations, logo design, etc.
- Create and maintain events web page when necessary.
- Organise accommodation for staff and AV attending
- Liaise with chairman, providing details for venue, logistics, schedule for the day and programme
- Ad hoc projects as agreed with your line manager.
Team work and relationship building
- Liaise with and source suppliers/venues – negotiating prices
- Build strong relationships with delegates being the friendly and helpful representative of Last Word.
- Liaise closely with the event chairman, audience development teams and heads of brands on certain event decisions.
- Build relationships with sponsor marketing staff becoming a trusted and respected contact for Last Word.
- Support senior members of the event team on larger events/congresses/awards
What you’ll need
- Previous experience of working within a financial events environment preferred
- Strong proven background in the lifecycle of event structure and delivery
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills over the telephone and face to face to ensure the development of strong relationships
- Highly organised with a precise eye for detail
- Motivated and enthusiastic at all times
- Display high standards of service and presentation
- The confidence to network and build lasting relationships with senior level decision makers
- An understanding of financial markets and investment is an advantage but not necessary
- Proven ability of working under pressure, with great organisational and time management skills
Travel is an essential part of the role as the individual will be required to attend various events throughout year.
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and childcare vouchers
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by 27th January 2019.