Title: Marketing Executive
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Last Word Media is an independent financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments.
It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. www.lastwordmedia.com
An opportunity has arisen to join our lively and enthusiastic Digital, Data & Communications (DDC) team in the London office.
The focus of this position is to deliver the marketing plans for our in-house brands, products and projects, including events, awards and a digital content subscription offering.
As well as responsibility for the email marketing and social media for Last Word’s editorial brands, this role supports the wider initiatives within the DDC team.
You will plan, execute and report on the full range of marketing activities to maximize revenue and customer retention with the support of the marketing manager and departmental director.
You will be an active part of the team, contributing to departmental objectives. We are looking for someone with a strong customer focus to build an excellent understanding of our audiences.
- Planning, implementing, reporting on and adapting marketing campaigns to drive awareness, engagement and retention across our in-house brands and products
- Presenting information in meetings, with a thorough understanding of the communications timelines, target markets, and KPIs
- Contributing ideas for improving social media and email marketing activities across the brands
- Building effective working relationships with colleagues, customers, potential customers and third-party suppliers
- Working on website edits via the CMS (Wordpress), Creating and sending email communications (Adestra), Using templates to create and distribute social media posts (Canva)
- Working with the CRM and Data team to ensure that the CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) is up to date and used in accordance with GDPR
- Briefing and liaising with our in-house graphic design team to create new product assets, house banners and social media graphics
- Support the Audience Development telesales team with a programme of activities to drive event delegates as well as awards entries
- Patient, meticulous and logical in their work and capable of prioritising tasks.
- Good problem solving, analytical, administrative & organisational
- Excellent communication, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 6 months experience (voluntary included) in a financial services, publishing, events or marketing environment.
- A working understanding of social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player
- Good time management
- Able to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Working knowledge of database systems / CRMs
- Marketing or Business Studies qualifications
- Experience working in a publishing / media organisation
- International Marketing experience
- Understanding of financial B2B markets
- Experience of building and sending mass email marketing campaigns
What we offer you
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to a season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
- Permanent position available to the right candidate pending a 3 month probation period
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 31st March 2019