TITLE: Systems Administrator AWS
SALARY: Based on Experience
The System Administrator will be the key role in migrating Last Word Media’s server-side network to Amazon Web Servers, while maintaining, upgrading and managing Last Word Media’s software systems, hardware systems and networks. The role will report to the Head of Digital.
Candidates must be familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and their server stack, should be resourceful and able to diagnose and resolve server-side problems quickly and efficiently. This role is essential for ensuring our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently, while being scalable. Supporting our internal stakeholders and customers, this is a fast paced and varied role.
- Migrating the entirety of Last Word Media’s server-side service to Amazon Web Services
- Installing and configuring software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Working with our current third-party developers to complete a full tech-stack handover
- Maintaining, managing and evolving the main brand websites using WP Engine
- Integrating Direct for Publishers from Google (DFP) into the Brand websites and supporting Microsites
- Upgrading systems with new releases and models
- Monitoring performance and systems according to requirements
- Ensuring security through access controls, back-ups and firewalls Internal Relationships
- Internal relationships – regularly provide updates to the Digital team relating back to the performance of the main brand websites, as well as providing system support to the Production team.
- Supporting the Head of Digital with the optimising the performance of the brand websites.
- Support the Digital Team with optimisation of all our online portals, websites and microsites.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Positive, can do attitude – ability to problem solve and suggest solutions
- Confident and mature approach to communicating up and down the business and across departments
- Develop strong relationships and open communication channels with all team colleagues
- Resilience in handling objections and challenge
- Hands on experience working with AWS
- Backend – Word Press and Plugins
- Frontend – Bootstrap/CSS
- Website architecture knowledge would be an advantage
- Rest API’s (Email builder/Adestra/CRM)
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration
- Experience with VMware
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 7th April 2019