TITLE: Server Admin/ Backend Web Developer
SALARY: Based on Experience
The primary role will be to migrate Last Word’s server-side network to Amazon Web Servers, and then maintain, upgrade and manage those servers. The role will report to the head of digital.
Candidates must be familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and their server stack, should be resourceful and able to diagnose and resolve server-side problems quickly and efficiently. This role is essential for ensuring our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently, while being scalable. Supporting our internal stakeholders and customers, this is a fast paced and varied role.
The successful applicant will need to have a deep understanding of Wordpress, PHP, MySQL and AWS.
- · Migrating Last Word Media’s server-side service to AWS
- · Manage network servers and technology tools
- · Working with our current third-party developers to complete a full tech-stack handover
- · Maintaining, managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) account
- · SQL database administration
- · Monitoring performance and systems, and optimisation of servers.
- · Ensuring security through access controls, back-ups and firewalls
- Internal relationships – regularly provide updates to the digital team relating back to the performance of the main brand websites, as well as providing system support to the production team.
HELPFUL BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- · Experience with integrating Direct for Publishers from Google (DFP)
- · Microsoft Dynamics CRM Integration
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- · A positive, can-do attitude and an ability to creatively problem solve
- A confident and mature approach to communicating up and down the business and across departments
- To develop strong relationships and open communication channels with all team colleagues
- Resilience in handling objections and challenges
WHAT WE OFFER
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Structured on and off the job training with a bespoke development programme tailored to your needs
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience)
- Opportunities to travel on the job
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by Sunday 21st April 2019