Title: Delegate Telesales Executive
LOCATION: Farringdon, LONDON
Background on Last Word Media
Last Word Media is a financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments. It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
Portfolio Adviser is the leading brand for wealth managers, discretionary portfolio managers, private
bankers and advisers specialising in investments across the UK, Ireland, and Channel Islands. As well as its news analysis website, monthly magazine, and bespoke guides, Portfolio Adviser hosts around 25 investment seminars per year, aimed at the most senior decision makers, heads of fund selection and fund research. They offer our carefully selected delegates the perfect opportunity to debate and discuss issues with some of the world’s leading fund managers in an educational and interactive environment.
Last Word is looking for a Delgeate Telesales Executive to assist its expanding Audience Development department. The successful candidate will interact with senior fund buyers from our existing network as well as expanding our audience in the relevant markets.
Telesales Representative Responsibilities:
- Selling events to fund selectors over the phone.
- Contact potential or existing fund selectors to inform them about Portfolio Adviser’s upcoming events.
- Explain, and pitch to fund selectors the value of Portfolio Adviser (and other LW brands) can add for them.
- Listen to the delegates areas of research to generate repeat attendance at events.
- Answer delegates questions on the Portfolio Adviser events.
- Answer questions about Portfolio Adviser and our events.
- Enter and update delegate information in the database.
- Keep records of calls and sales and note useful information.
Telesales Representative Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken English to a high level.
- Proven ability of working under pressure, with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to engage over the phone in conversation.
- Strong sales ability.
- The ability to handle rejection and stress in soliciting delegates.
- Keeping up to date with broad investment trends, as well as researching fund buyers.
- Work with research team to meet survey response number for ongoing research projects.
- An understanding of financial markets and investment is advantageous but not necessary.
What we offer you:
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company.
- Structured on and off the job training.
- Competitive salary (dependant on experience).
- Pension contribution up to 5%.
- 25 days holiday per annum.
- Access to season ticket loan and cycle to work scheme.