Title: VIDEO EDITOR
LOCATION: Farringdon, LONDON
Background on Last Word Media
Last Word Media is a financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments. It aims to be the definitive guide for those involved in fund selection, asset allocation and portfolio construction. Its publications are read in the UK, continental Europe, South Africa, the Middle East, and Asia.
We are looking for someone who’s passionate about creating videos: from interviews to roundtables to short promos. The Video Editor will be part of our Production team, working closely with our Content Marketing, Sales and Editorial teams.
This role will be responsible for planning all videos as well as editing to a high standard according to a brief and brand guideline. The video editor will need to have a confident eye and make suggestions to enhance the impact of each video. The ideal candidate will have experience of planning shoots/storyboarding, script editing, directing video content, selecting the best cuts for final edits and overlaying animated graphics.
So, if you’re an enthusiastic video editor who is keen to oversee the production process from brief to completion this is the role for you!
- Working closely with internal teams and clients to execute video packages.
- Liaising with key stakeholders and camera crews to schedule filming.
- Oversee filming to ensure all necessary content is captured.
- Trim footage and edit corporate packages (talking heads etc.) or event videos with multiple speakers (such as roundtables).
- Use of After Effects for post-production (i.e. overlay graphics, text on screen, charts, stock footage, intro sting, adding captions).
What you'll need
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of After Effects.
- The ability to work creatively on your own and with clients or internal stakeholders.
- Experience of working on videos in a similar industry (asset management/financial services) is a bonus.
- Ability to work on a range of video formats also an advantage (i.e. animation, interactive videos).
What we offer you:
- Excellent career prospects at a fast growing, highly regarded financial media company
- Pension contribution up to 5%
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Access to season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme
Last Word Media is a financial media solutions company. Set up in 2005 the aim of the organisation is to produce magazines, websites, events, and research for the quality end of the asset management industry across its key brands. Its audience consists of discretionary portfolio managers, institutional investors, private bankers, and advisers specialising in investments.
From a content perspective our aim is to work collaboratively with clients to produce high quality content around their products, individual fund managers or companies. Allowing them to reach their key targeted audience with relevant and engaging content.